static file hosting
amazon s3 (somewhat cheap. pay as you use)
cachefly (fix monthly cost)
nearlyfreespeech (pay as you use)
extra redundancy & load balancing on nfshost
basically just an idea. not tested yet.
either if you got a really very important site or a really very busy site.
so here's how you can get extra redundancy or extra load balancing.
- create 2 or more sites on nfshost
- get rsync account for schedule backup
- sync your public folder or one of its subfolder that need extra redundancy
- now that all folder in sync, you can cname www.yourdomainname.com to multiple nfshost sites.
- each nfshost sites have 3 ip address (meaning 3 servers?)
- if you have 3 sites to share the load meaning you have 9 ip address (9 servers?)
- it's very unlikely all those servers down at a same time. unless the whole nfshost datacenter down?
when someone open www.yourdomainname.com they're given one of the 9 ip using round robin.