- simple 2 step install
- find a cached copy on google
- find an archived copy on wayback machine
- does not need ajax libs api
- automatically setup one custom search engine for your site and another one for all your linked sites
- just works. you dont even need to edit anything.
showing google search as user-friendly 404 error page.
2 easy step to setup:
- upload 404.php to your public_html folder
- add this to public_html/.htaccess or apache2.conf :
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
- it should just work by now.
here's always the latest version 404.php :
git clone git://gist.github.com/146055.git dennyhalim-404-php cd dennyhalim-404-php # or to update your current installation do this inside the folder # git pull cp 404.php /var/www # you might need to replace /var/www with your apache root # could be something like /home/username/public_html
or if you dont have git installed, just download it here:
- upload 404.php to your public_html
see how it works. live: